Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Routine

Oh, how I love summertime!  I'm always amazed at how quickly I slip back into non-teacher mode and into a laid-back, stress-free life style.  Like . . .

Waking up when I want (not 5 a.m.) and leisurely starting the day without having to immediately jump in the shower!  (actually reading the newspaper with a cup of tea--Heaven!)


There's nothing like a sunny kitchen and the sound of birds singing!




NEVER knowing what time it is or what day of the week it is! (and it doesn't matter!)





Sunning on the patio with a good book and cold beverage!






My reading oasis!



Long walks with Lady Juliet!


One of our favorite spots--the "waterfall"!



Pool Therapy!  (and I mean that literally)


I so love this underwater treadmill!!!!!



Watching mindless TV like:

The Food Network!  
(Paula, Giada, Ina--they're my girls of summer!)
                                                                           and

Reruns of The OC! (I know the dialogue by heart!)



and so many other wonderful summer delights!

I know all too soon I will have to change back into my other persona, teacher, and everything that goes along with that role, but for now,

the simple pleasures of summertime definitely give me a reason to believe!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! But you forgot to add sipping wine with girlfriends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer is blissful, isn't it? (Even while teaching 5th block:)

    ReplyDelete