Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Bridesmaid

You know the old saying, "Always the bridesmaid, never the bride."  Well, that definitely applies to me.  And even though I have never walked down that aisle in a white gown with a train flowing behind me, I have walked down that aisle in a dark blue gown and a sky blue gown and a floral gown and a gold gown and an eggplant purple gown and a black gown and several pink gowns.  I have been honored and delighted to be the maid of honor and bridesmaid in many beautiful weddings throughout the years.


I remember each wedding vividly, although I can't say the same for the receptions and dances that followed!!  Champagne, kamikazes, wine, and even beer have clouded my memories of many of the celebrations, but, of course, all the craziness that alcohol brings on definitely adds to the fun times.

Being asked to be a part of anyone's wedding--maid of honor, bridesmaid, guest book attendant--is an honor and joy.  And so, thank you Lynne for letting me be your maid of honor in your bicentennial red, white and blue wedding, Joy for letting me be your maid of honor in your country-style wedding with my blue dress and hat, Jeanne for letting me be your maid of honor in your hippie wedding, Monroe for letting me be your maid of honor with all the beautiful garden flowers, Peg and Kerri for letting your big sister be a bridesmaid in your weddings, Lisa for letting me be your maid of honor TWICE--especially the Hawaii one, Jeanne B for letting me be a bridesmaid in your pink wedding,  the next generation--Andy, Jill, Micki, Amy--for letting me sit at the guest book and greet the wedding guests, Eileen for the same honor.  You have all given me a reason to believe--in love, in friendship, and in weddings!

1 comment: