Saturday, March 9, 2013

Two Tickets to Paradise



It's no secret that I'm a huge Bruce Springsteen fan, and so I was absolutely thrilled when I learned that he and The E Street Band would be coming to Denver last fall.  I circled the date, November 19, 2012, in bright red on my calendar and set up an alarm on my computer for the date and time that tickets would go on sale.  I wasn't going to miss this!

I didn't even have time to process the fact that I would be seeing Bruce again when I learned that Jackson Browne was also coming to Denver--five days before Bruce!!  Seriously???  These are my two all-time favorite musicians--I just don't go to any other concerts these days.  And they would be within five days of each other???

I didn't even have to think about it--I would be going to both concerts.  I didn't stop to think if my body (or heart!) could recover between the two shows--it simply didn't matter.  Of course, both of them were on school nights (Jackson on a Wednesday, Bruce a Monday),  but for Bruce and Jackson, I was willing to make the sacrifice.  I knew my body (and my students!) would pay the price, but I also knew it would be totally worth it.

And, of course, it was.  

Click on the links to read about the forever-etched-in-my heart memories of Jackson Browne (Jackson blog!) and Bruce Springsteen (Bruce blog!) in Denver 
November, 2012! 

No comments:

Post a Comment