Monday, July 16, 2012

Afternoon Tea at The Brown


"There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as
 afternoon tea."
 Henry James, The Portrait of a Lady

I recently had the opportunity to discover exactly how true the words of Henry James are when my beautiful friend Judy Gordon and I celebrated her birthday.  This summer has presented some challenges for both of us, and we wanted to go someplace where we could chat, relax, and feel pampered.  The Brown Palace was the perfect choice!


Just driving up to The Brown had me saying, "Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Aurora anymore!"  We were greeted by valet attendants and door men in black coats and white gloves ready to whisk us to our little tea party.  We both immediately felt like princesses as we entered the elegant lobby where afternoon tea is served.  From the rich, luxurious-yet-chic decor, to Roger, the pianist, everything about Tea at the Brown was sheer perfection!
1.  our tea lunch 2. Roger, the pianist 3. friends

There's something about having someone pour tea from a silver teapot into a china teacup that can melt the stress away.  Judy and I sipped our tea and champagne, ate scones with Devonshire cream, little sandwiches, and chocolate truffles, and we just sort of dissolved into a state of tranquility.  


Celebrating the birthday of a beautiful friend is delightful in itself.  Afternoon Tea at the Brown Palace made the celebration unforgettable.  Judy and I both left feeling renewed, blissfully happy, and very much like royalty.  

Tea, champagne, friends, and The Brown Palace--reasons to believe indeed!





1 comment:

  1. This looks divine! I think I need to have tea at the Brown ASAP:)

    ReplyDelete