Friday, September 20, 2019

Violet

Every child begins the world again.
                                                                                      Thoreau

Violet Paige Rischling 
8.8.19
Royal Baby #11

One of my favorite phone calls this year was from my niece Jill telling me that she and Todd were expecting baby number two.  At brunch with my bestie, I almost dropped my iPhone into my avocado toast--I wasn't expecting that at all.  I made her repeat it several times as I wiped away tears.  That was last spring although it seems just a few short weeks ago, and here we are now with a new little miracle in our family.  Unlike her big sister Lucy (see here)Violet Paige made a quiet, healthy, and drama-free debut, and she has captured all of our hearts.

and then there were four

I couldn't wait to meet Violet (and see Lucy!), and fortunately I didn't have to wait too long.  Mom and I made a trip to Lincoln two weeks after she arrived.  From the first moment I held her in my arms all they way to our tearful goodbye several days later, I wanted to learn as much as I could about her--I knew it could be months until I would see her again.  I wanted to store everything about her in my heart.


At two weeks old, Violet was already Miss Personality Plus.  I quickly understood that Violet

is a snuggle bunny 
has tiny, tiny perfect hands
and scrawny scrawny little legs
looks like her sister
knows when she's hungry
seldom cries
focuses on light
and most of all

loves to be held!

And how lucky for all of us because holding Violet is everything.  The surprising warmth of her tiny body, that newborn scent better than any aroma therapy, and those soul-reaching baby blue eyes are now committed forever to my memory.

Whether in the arms of her mom

or dad

or big sister Lucy

Violet nestles in, content and peaceful.

Or it could be Beanie and JoJo

or Grandma and Grandpa Rischling

or Grams



or Kyle and Ashlie

or me💖


cuddling Violet in our arms brings new glitter and energy into our family and, yes, begins our world again.


one month old and still loving being in Lucy's arms


No comments:

Post a Comment